Monday, January 4, 2010

Surprise, Surprise

Let's face it: we don't really know each other that well.

This is officially Blog #6 and we've only covered:

- Our online shop
- Badgley Mischka
- Twitter
- And local health departments

So, let's get to know each other a little better, shall we?

There's really no better way to know someone than by knowing the things that many other people don't know about them.

So, I'll let you in on a secret: I like surprises, GOOD surprises - not the crappy ones like, "Surprise! I ate the last bit of ice cream! There's none left for you, hahahaha!" Seriously, I hate when that happens.

But good surprises - like:

The time I woke up and thought it was Monday, but it was really only Sunday. How amazing was that?

Or the time I dreamt my boss was giving me the stink eye and chanting "Finish it now! Finish it now!", but then I woke up and realized that I was my own boss and I made my own deadlines. Seriously, now THAT is freaking fantastic!

I like how surprises - even small ones - can bring cheer to the minutest of moments.

That's why I like to bake. I like how familiar smells, sounds, and textures can still create new memories. I like the feeling of creating something that is all mine: a doughy manifestation of me.

And mostly, I like the surprises I discover in the kitchen:

- Ryan Adams helps me bake the best cookies
- A little salt goes a long way
- Chocolate and bacon don't always go together like cookies and milk
- Mexican vanilla is the shit!
- Some desserts CAN be too sweet (who knew???)

Okay, I've shared a bit about me, now YOU go!

No comments:

Post a Comment